Soups are usually made by simmering flavorful ingredients such as meats,seafood,vegetables in water or in broth.Coming this simple egg drop noodle soup,is a very easy soup and a favorite soup to kids.Usually my kids love to have chicken soup every time when we go out.I tried chicken soup at home already and thought to try this simple soup. Adapted this recipe from here. Am posting this recipe in BM#65 under the theme soups and salads.
- Noodles 150 gms
- Tomatoes 2 medium
- oil 1 tbspn
- Egg 1
- garlic 2 pods finely chopped
- ginger 1/2 inch finely chopped
- chicken stock or vegetable stock 2 cups
- Coriander leaves few
- Tomato ketchup 2 tbspns
- black pepper crushed 1 tspn
- corn startch 2 to 3 tspns
- vinegar 1 tspn
- salt to taste
- spring onions for garnishing.
- Cook noodles in a deep bowl,drain it and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onions,saute few mins until onions turns translucent.Add chopped ginger,chopped tomatoes, chopped garlic,vegetable stock or chicken stock and mix it well.cook until everything well boiled( around 15 mins)
- Add tomato ketchup ,salt ,crushed pepper to the tomato mix and mix it well.
- In a bowl add 3 tspns of corn starch and little water,mix it well.Add this corn starch mix to the above mix.
- crack egg in a bowl,whisk well and keep aside.
- slowly add this whisked egg to the above mix.Let it sit for 1 min then slowly mix it.
- Now add vinegar,coriander leaves,cook till the soup thickens.
- Take serving bowl,add 2 tbspn of cooked noodles, add egg drop tomato soup on top and garnish with fresh spring onion and serve hot.