Sunnundalu is a traditional dish from Andhra pradesh which is fully packed with protein and is made of urad dal or kind of black and white lentil, which is extremely good for our nutrition. Urad dal is used as a major ingredient in Indian cusine for preparing healthy diet.Urad dal has a protein ,fat, and carbohydrates which is required to the body.Urad dal is one of the richest source of proteins and vitamins. Here comes my way of doing urad dal laddu or suundalu which can be prepared with urad dal, just sugar and little rice.An easy recipe can be offered to god on any festival days..Posting this recipe in Blogging Marathon #62 under the theme Toddler snacks.
- Urad dal 1 cup
- Raw rice 1 tbspn
- 1 cup grounded sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee
- Heat a pan dry roast rice on low flame until it just changes its color.Take out and keep aside.
- Dry roast urad dal in the same pan, until it changes it color and releases nice aroma.This should be around 20 mins.
- while dry roasting the dal keep stirring in between.
- Grind both rawrice and urad dal to fine powder.
- Grind sugar into fine powder.
- Now mix powdered sugar in the urad dal mixture,slowly add hot ghee and keep stirring with hand.
- Mix slowly until it just forms round ball.( When the ghee is just right to hold the balls then don't add more ghee)
- Yummy sunnundalu is ready.
If you want the recipe of Jantikalu or murukulu in my pic here is the recipe link which I already posted few days back.
Check out for fellow bloggers in BM#62
Linking this to Srivalli's kids delight under the theme toddler snacks hosted by Sapana