Rasmalai is a Bengali sweet dessert very popular among Indian sweet desserts.It is a sweet preparedwith paneer ( Indian cottage cheese) Rasmeans juice and malai means sweet.Rasmalai is actually Rasgulla soaked in rich saffron flavored milk.I love this dessert and enjoys when chilled.Usually this can be prepared on special occasions.This time I tried just like that to enjoy leisurely.I'M posting this recipe in BM#55 under the theme no bake desserts. ..Here the recipe..
For Rasgulla preparation: Follow this link Rasgulla recipe which I already prepared few days back.Ingredients:
- Rasgullas 10 to 15
- Milk 500 ml or half liter
- Sugar 1/2 cup ( can add more sugar up to 1 cup)
- Cardamom powder 1/4 tspn
- Saffron few strands
- Chopped pistachio 3 tbspn spoon
- Take a deep wide bowl,boil milk in that bowl till it reduces its volume to half
- Keep stirring in between to avoid burning in the bottom
- Add sugar and cardamom powder ,mix well until it dissolves.Switch off the flame add saffron soaked in 2 tbspn of hot milk..
- Take out Rasgullas from sugar syrup squeeze out extra syrup gently.( flatten rasgullas between your palms)Slowly drop flattened rasgullas into the creamy milk mixture,let it cool, once cool refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio or nuts of your choice and enjoy.