Cauliflower is one vegetable that deserves a regular rotation in our diet,however as it contains impressive array of nutrients including vitamins,minerals,antioxidants,and other photo-chemicals.Cauliflower cooked in several ways.This week I'm going to post all cauliflower recipes that is one vegetable in different forms.Tandoori Gobi is today's choice ,cauliflower cooked in tandoori spices.We may cook whole gobi in the oven is a perfect tandoori gobi, but I tried that recipe long back my kids doesn't like it.So I follwed making cauliflower into florets and then putting into oven. When I was thinking something different with cauliflower,then got this recipe while searching.Tandoori gobi is a great starter or appetizer for all..I'm posting this recipe in BM#49 under the theme one vegetable different forms.
- Cauliflower 1 small cut into florets
- Chickpea flour or besan 2 tbspn
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tbspn ginger&garlic paste
- 1 Tspn salt
- 1/2 Tspn turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tspn of cumin powder
- 1 Tspn of chilli powder
- 1 Tspn amchur/ dry mango powder
- 1/2 Tspn garam masala powder
- 1/2 Tspn kasoori Methi( dried fenugreek leaves.
- Chop the cauliflower or Gobi into medium florets and rinse well in water.
- Keep cauliflower florets in hot boiling water for 3 to 4 mins then drain the water,in this way florets will be little soft inside.
- Coat all the cauliflower pieces with above ingredients.
- Marinate cauliflower florets well to absorb the masala.
- Keep the marinated mixture aside for 15 to 20 mins .
- Preheat oven to 400f and bake around 20 to 25mins or until cauliflower turns little brown.( you can turn broil on and keep just 4 to 5 mins or until you feel they are brown or crispy.
- Enjoy yummy appetizer.
Note: I baked few more mins (2 to 3 mins) and broil 4 to 5 mins in the second round as I prefer more crispy.Make sure you check it in between other wise they will burn easily.
More roasted until brown