Green peas utappam is a delicious Indian bread which is very healthy and a colorful dish.Usually utappam is made with idlli or doasa batter.There are many variations in Idli recipe too.In most parts of Andhra Idli is prepared with idli rava and urad dal.In some southern states specially Tamilnadu side idli is prepared with idli rice and urad dal.My mom used to cook idli with idli rava and urad dal. I do follow the same procedure.These days im cooking idli with( idli rice and urad dal) too.But,my family likes idli with idli rava and urad dal combo.This recipe is also called dibbarotti..In traditional dibbarotti we mix onions ,green chilli,ginger and jeera( no vegetables) in the batter and pour it as thick dosa on tava or skillet.This is Our most favorite breakfast..I'm posting this recipe in BM#49 under the theme Indian breads.Here goes my recipe.
- Idli batter 1 cup( 1 cup urad dal: 2 cups idli rava)
- Ginger finely chopped 1/4 Tspn
- Green chilli 1 to 2 finely chopped1/2 Tspn
- Green peas 1/4 cup (boiled)
- Jeera1/2 Tspn
- Onion 1 finely chopped
- Veggies 1/2 cup( capsicum,carrot..)
- coriander leaves few to sprinkle on top
- Oil 1 tbspn
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.when it is hot drizzle some oil
- Add mashed green peas to the batter and mix well.Now pour 1/4 cup of batter on the skillet.After 1 or 2 mins sprinkle chopped onions,green chilli,ginger,chopped veggies on top of it.
- Once it is cooked one side using a spatula flip the utappam over and cook the other side.we always cook in medium to slow flame other wise utappam will be crispy outside and uncooked inside.
- Add 1 tspn of oil after flipping other side.
- Yummy utappam is ready and can be served with any chutney of your choice.
check out for fellow bloggers in BM#49