Dates are a good source of dietary fiber.Wonderfully delicious,dates are one of the most popular fruits packed with an impressive list of essential nutrients,vitamins and minerals that are required for normal growth development and overall well being.Dates are an excellent source of iron.Iron being a component of hemoglobin inside the red blood cells,determines the oxygen- carrying capacity of the blood.
Dry fruit Burfi is a easy sweet recipe which is sugar free,fat free,healthy and works great as a snack for both kids and us.We can also wrap this small burfis with foil and give them as chocolates for kids.I am Posting this recipe in BM#41 under the theme Kids iron rich recipes.My Kids liked this recipe very much.I prepared this recipe when i went to a vacation to my sisters place.She liked it too..Here goes my yummy recipe.
- Dates 2 cups
- Cashew nuts 1/2 cup
- walnuts 1/2 cup( optional)
- Almonds 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut optional l/2 cup
- Pistachio 2 tbspn
- Poppy seeds 2 tbspn
- Green cardamom 6
- Ghee 2 tbspn
- To prepare this burfi first cut cashew,walnut, almonds into small pieces with help of knife..You can use food processor,but becomes little powder..You may go for any procedure depends upon your convenience
- cut the dates into small pieces(remove the seeds) with scissors or knife.
- Heat a pan and add all dry fruits roast just 5 to 10 mins and keep aside.
- In the same pan add 2 tbspn of ghee add poppy seeds fry 2 mins then add all dry fruits except (Pista) dates,coconut cardamom powder,mix it thoroughly.Turn of the flame and shift to another plate,so that it cools quickly
- Pick up the mixture and roll it as a ball(apply little ghee to your hands)cylindrical ball
- Roll out the balls in pistachios this will help burfi look more beautiful.
- Now we roll them in a foil,repeat all the balls like this
- Keep all those balls in refrigerator for 2 hrs.Take out side and cut into small pieces and enjoy the taste.
Check out Blogging Marathon #41 for my fellow Bloggers.
Also sending this recipe to Srivalli's Kids delight theme- Iron rich recipes, which is being hosted by Kalyani