Oats are the healthiest grains on Earth compared to all other grains.It has numerous health benefits.They are a great source of important vitamins and minerals.Oats usually are eaten in breakfast just boiling oats in milk or water.I tried eating oats that form, but I haven't tried this utappam till now.Oats is our least favorite in our family until I cook this yummy utappam.Oats don't have its original taste when just eaten like the way.So some spices and veggies definitely add up the taste.Nowadays oats utappam became our favorite Breakfast in our family.Here goes my recipe.
- oats 2 1/2 cups powder( mine 180 ml cup)
- upma rava or( sooji, semolina) 1/2 cup( if u can reduce to 1/4 cup)
- Buttermilk 2to 3 cups depend on consistency( you may decrease or increase the buttermilk)
- oil 2 to 3 tbsp
- capsicum 1/2 cup( both red and green)
- onions finely chopped 1/2 cup
- Green chili 1( chopped)
- Ginger finely chopped a small piece
- Jeera 1.4 tsp
- salt to taste
- In a pan dry roast oats and for 5 mins in medium flame, once cools down grind into coarse powder.Store in airtight container.
- Take a bowl, mix oats powder,sooji or semolina, ginger, jeera salt.Slowly add buttermilk mixing the batter.Batter shouldn't be too thick or thin.Mix it nicely till all ingredients combined and keep aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan a, grease with little oil.Once it is hot pour a ladle full of better in the center and spread a little bit( small omelet size)
- Immediately sprinkle chopped veggies, onions, on top of the batter.Reduce the flame to slow or medium, until bottom well roasted.Press on top of with spatula so that veggies won't spill out while you turn the other side.
- Now turn the other side and roast few more mins.Add a little bit of oil on sides while roasting.
- Once cooked on both sides remove from the pan serve hot with chutney of your choice or just that.These days I'm loving it just like that.