Paneer is a fresh cheese common in Asian countries like India Pakistan..Kadai paneer is mainly prepared with fresh kadai masala.kadai masala is made with coriander seeds,pepper corns,Fennel seeds Jeera and redchillis.If we prepare kadai masala instantly then the recipe comes awesome in taste.You will match exactly restaurant style taste.When I was searching for kadai paneer I was inspired by Chef Harpal singh recipe.With very few changes I prepared the recipe.Here goes the recipe.Ingredients:
- Paneer 250 gms
- Onion 1 chopped into big cubes
- Bell pepper or capsicum 1/2 chopped into cubes
- Garam masala 1/2 tspn
- Kasuri methi 1/2 tspn
- redchilli powder 1 tspn
- Tomatoes 2 big
- Ginger grated 1/2 tspn
- red chillies 2
- coriander seeds 2tbspns
- Jeera 1 tspn
- Fennel seeds 1 tspn
- pepper corns 1/4 tspn
- Red chillies 3( PREFEREBLY kASHMIRI CHILLI)
Method:Dry Fry all ingredients of kadai masala and blend into coarse powder keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil and fry paneer for 2 to 3 mins if it is frozen not fresh.I keep doing it as I always use frozen paneer.Then take out from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan add 2 tbsp of oil add 1 tspn of jeera and redchillies ,grated ginger fry well,then add 2 chopped tomatoes.
- Fry tomatoes until they are soft and well cooked 5 to 6 mins.
- Add redchilli powder,Garam masala and 3 tbspn of kadai masala.Then add fried paneer,chopped capsicum and onions.
- Fry everything well.Cover for 2 to 3 mins so that paneer nicely absorbs kadai masala.
- Finally add kasuri methi and saute 1 more min.
- Before switching off the stove sprinkle some kadai masala on top.Yummy kadai paneer is ready.