Dibbarotti is a Traditional Andhra breakfast which is made of Idli batter.I grew up eating this yummy Dibbarooti in my childhood.Mom used to prepare this dish every other week.Mostly,when we bored of eating Idli everytime,mom used to prepare Dibbarotti. This is very easy dish made with Idli batter.But,we always use Idli rava for Idli batter not Idli rice. Dibbarotti is such healthy and tasty dish that you never forget the taste.We can eat Dibbarotti just like that or you can accompany with kobbari chutney or coconut chutney.People keep surprising me cooking traditional breakfast everytime.Though we have lot of options for breakfast I feel this dish is one of the healthy option for whole family.Even kids love to taste the crispy layer of dosa. Here is the recipe below.
- Urad dal 1 cup
- Idli rava 2 cups
- chopped onions 2 tbspn
- chopped green chilli 1 or 2
- chopped ginger 1/4tspn
- jeera 1/4tspn
- oil 2 tbspn
- salt to taste
- Soak urad dal and Idli rava separately for 7 to 8 hrs.Then grind urad dal until soft using little water
- The same way we do for Idli.No grinding Idli rava.
- Squeeze extra water from Idli rava and mix it in the urad dal batter.Keep mixing idli rava and urad dal batter until it is well combined.
- Ferment the batter for 12 hrs or over night.I always follow overnight fermentation.
- Then next day morning,Take two laddles of batter in a bowl,mix chopped onions,chopped ginger,chopped green chilli and jeera,salt.
- Heat 2 tbspn of oil in a non stick pan( omlette size pan).Once hot add 2 laddles of batter in the pan.
- Reduce the flame to slow and cover the pan with lid.
- After 10 to 15 mins check the bottom whether it is cooked roasted well, then turn other side add 1 tbspn of oil. close the lid.cook few more mins until it roasted and cooked well.
- Yummy Dibbarotti is ready.Enjoy with any chutney of your choice or just like that.