Spinach is a great and a wonderful leafy vegetable.spinach is available all year round.It is well known for its nutritional qualities and has always been regarded as aplant with remarkable abilities to restore energy,increase vitality and improve the quality of blood. There are sound reasons why spinach would produce such results,primarily the fact that is rich in iron.Iron plays a central role in the function of red blood cells which help in transporting oxygen around the body,in energy production and DNA Synthesis.Spinach is also an excellent source of vitamink,Vitamin c and folic acid as well as being good source of magnesium and iron and vitamin B2.
- Spinach leaves 2 cups
- Besan or sanaga pindi (chickpeas flour)2 cups
- Rice flour 1 cup
- Crushed Daniya 1 to 2 tbspns
- Crushed pepper 1 Tspn
- Ajwain or vamu 1 Tspn
- Grounded or crushed chilli flakes 1tspn
- Turmeric powder 1/4 Tspn
- Salt to taste.
- Oil for deep fry.
- Wash spinach leaves and drain the water,and chop it finely(Discard the stem from spinach)
- Mix all above mentioned ingredients in a bowl ,slowly add water to make it as a paste.Mix well so that you don't see any lumps in it.Now you may add more water to make into a thick batter.
- Now add the Chopped palak leaves to the bowl and mix it well.
- Heat oil in a kadai ,when the oil is hot drop the roughly shaped balls into the oil.(I do it in a medium flame)
- Fry until Pakodas are golden brown.
- Enjoy the hot crispy palak Pakodas.(you can have it with any sauce or just like that.
check out for fellow bloggers who are doing in BM#41
Also sending this recipe to srivalli's kids delight theme under rich iron recipes hosted by kalyani