Mushroom soup is quick and easy to make.Mushrooms are low calorie food usually eaten cooked or raw and as garnish to a meal. Dietary mushrooms are a good source of vitamin B.This soup is one of our favorite meals.On vegetarian days we prefer having this soup.Its very lighter in side yet tasty.My elder one enjoys soup to the core. Even this is my favorite too.
Dry roast pepper corns,jeera,curry leaves,red chilies and grind into powder.
- Mushrooms 1 lb
- Vegetable broth 1 cup
- One small onion
- Water 2 cups
- Spring onions 2 to 3
- Ginger and garlic paste 1/2 Tspn
- Daniya powder 1/2 Tspn
- Pepper corns 1/2 Tspn
- Red chilies 2
- Curry leaves 1 string
- Jeera 1/2 Tspn
- 1 small tomato
- Olive oil 1 tbspn
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste.
For dry masala::
- Chop onions,tomatoes,mushrooms ,spring onions, and keep aside .
- Heat olive oil in a pressure cooker and add chopped onions,green onions.saute well
- Now add ginger garlic paste, fry few mins then add dry masala powder,chilli powder(chilli powder optional).
- Add chopped mushrooms, Daniya powder.saute well for few mins.
- Now add 1 cup of vegetable broth,2 cups of water.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker and let it cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow it to cool down before serving sprinkle some coriander leaves,spring onions on top of it. Serve it hot with garlic bread, Naan or chapati.