Tutti frutti cake is one of the delicious cake I have ever made.I still remember eating this cake in my childhood. In India tutti-frutti refers to candied raw papaya.Tutti frutti is available in red green and nice colors. These are also used in cookies ,ice creams and lot of desserts.Actually I always bake this cake during Christmas time.we all love the flavour of tutti frutti in the cake.Coming to the recipe it is easily made with all purpose flour,sugar,eggs ,tuttifrutti vanilla essence. Here is the recipe below.
- Maida(all purpose flour)2cups
- Sugar 11/2 cup( one cup + half cup) you may reduce to 1 1/4 cup )
- Tutti frutti 1/2cup
- Eggs 2
- Butter 1/2cup
- Baking powder 2Tspns and baking soda 1/2tspn
- Fruit essence or vanilla essence 2tspn
- milk 1/2 cup(low fat milk)
- Pre heat the oven 350 F(175C)
- Grease the baking tray with oil or butter.
- Take a large bowl mix maida butter,baking soda and baking powder
- In another bowl cream the butter and sugar till smooth.
- Beat a egg in a bowl add essence and mix it well.
- slowly add butter and sugar cream, egg mix to the bowl
- Mix it well unti it is smooth.
- Take tutti frutti in a plate coat with all purpose flour.(1/4 tspn),add to the cake batter.( Leave few tutti frutti to sprinkle on top)
- Pour the batter in the baking container.
- Lastly we can add remaining tutti frutti on top.
- When oven reaches the temperature keep the container inside.Bake it at 350F.
- It takes around 45 to 50 mins for complete baking.you can check with tooth pick inserted in it.when it comes out clean then it is almost done. when it cools down,you can cut into pieces.Yummy cake is ready.
NOTE: Some times time varies with different oven capacities.It may take 5 to 10 mins more or less time.Check out with tooth pick,the best way I follow.