Strawberry sauce has tons of uses which is freezer friendly and can be made very easily at home.This Weekend we went to Flea market to pick some plants ,fresh fruits and vegetables.There I saw fresh tons of strawberries tempted me to buy 2 big packs.Then immediately the same day I refrigerate few strawberries prepared strawberry milk shake for kids,remaining strawberries I made strawberry sauce and stored in the refrigerator. It can be used as topping on vanilla ice cream ,cheese cakes,pancakes and many more.Posting this recipe in BM#74 under the theme Sauces and preserves.
- FreshStrawberries or frozen1 lb
- sugar 1 cup
- vanilla essence half tspn
- water 3 tbspns
- lemon juice 2 tbspns( optional)
- Heat water sugar in a bowl,add strawberries and let it boil for few mins 5 to 10 mins in medium flame.
- When it is boiling reduce the flame to low and close the lid,cook until the sauce thickens( around10 mins)Optionally you may add 2 tbspn of lemon juice to get the tangy flavor.
- switch of the stove and add vanilla essence when liquid cools down.
- Store in a air tight container and freeze it.It stays fresh more than month.