There are many combinations and proportions of types of flour and other ingredients, and also of different traditional recipes and modes of preparations.As a result there are wide varieties of types,shapes,sizes and textures of breads in various regions.Coming to today's recipe flower bun is very easy and tasty recipe just similar to my previous recipe only a spice added to the dough.I would like to have spicy buns,add more chilli flakes.It tasted great.If you are not spicy freak like me can reduce your spice levels.Posting this recipe in BM#65 under the theme shaped breads.Here goes my recipe.
- Milk 1/2 cup
- butter 3 tbspns
- sugar 2 tbspns
- salt 1/4 tspn
- active dry yeast 2 tspns
- Italian seasoning 1 tbspn
- All purpose flour 1 1/2 cups plus 1/4 cup
- 1 Egg
- Heat butter in large heavy pot until it melts.After 2 mins turn off the stove.
- Now add cold milk,sugar and salt.Mix it well until the mixture is well dissolved. check the temperature,when its is Luke warm add 2 tspns yeast.Let it sit for 2 mins.
- Slowly add 1 1/2 flour and mix it well with spatula for about 1 min. Add Italian seasoning,(including chilli flakes)mix one more min. Now the dough will very sticky.
- Cover the pot with lid and let it rise for an hour or until it just doubles.
- After an hr knead the dough by hand for 2 to 3 mins and cover with lid.Again let it rise for 30 mins.
- After 1 1/2 hrs place the dough on kneading surface and sprinkle some flour.Dust the dough with remaining flour until it is just firm to handle.
- Take small amount of dough between your palms,knead it well and divide the dough into small balls and shape each ball into flower with knife as shown in the pic.
- Repeat the procedure for the remaining bread dough.
- Arrange slowly in a baking tray greased with oil. Let it rise for an hr.
- Preheat oven 350F for 5 mins.Gently brush the bun with egg white and bake 15 to 16 mins or until it just changes its color.
- After 15 mins remove it from the oven and serve hot.