Mango pickle is pretty common pickle prepared by most Indians. Indain pickles are quite different when compared to other pickles.Indian pickles pickled with spice ,salt and sour.There are wide range of pickles prepared with different veggies and meats.Coming to today's recipe is a quite different which I first tasted in one of my friend's home.It was awesome in taste.In Andhra without pickle we cant imagine our complete meal.Usually I had lot of non vegetarian and vegeterian pickles in my kitchen shelfs.My kids love to eat chicken pickle which I posted earlier in my blog.Today iam posting Mango chana ( sanagalu or kommu sanagalu)pickle in Blogging marathon #64 under the theme pickles.
- Raw mangoes 4( small size)
- Mustard powder 3/4 cup
- Red chilli powder 3/4 cup
- salt 3/4cup( you may add little less, after tasting it, may add more)
- Mustard oil or seesame oil 1 1/4 cups ( 1 cup plus 1/4 cup)
- Garlic cloves 1/2 cup
- Methi seeds1 1/2 tspns
- Black Chana 1/2 cup
- Wash and clean the mangoes and dry it on a cloth, keep aside an hour.
- Cut the mangoes into pieces without removing kernel.Soak chana an hour,Wash chana and drain the extra water,dry in sunlight for an hour.
- Take a bowl,Add salt and turmeric powder,chana, mango pieces cover it and keep aside for 24 hrs.
- Next day,dry roast mustard seeds for 1 minute and takeout blend into fine powder.
- Peel the garlic and set aside.
- Take a wide bowl add redchilli powder,mustard powder,methi powder,garlic cloves and 3/4 cup of oil,( before adding oil should be heated until smoky hot ,cool it then)mix it well.
- Now add mango pieces and chana.Use your hands to mix everything.( Make sure before mixing, our hands and all utensils using for pickle should be completely dry)
- Slowly add everything to a dry jar and keep away from moisture .After 3 to 4 days mix with dry spatula add remaining oil and keep aside for 4 more days.
- After one week transfer small amount of pickle in a bowl and enjoy for everyday use.