Gongura ( sorrel leaves)pickle is popular authentic Andhra pickle and popular in many places.Gongura is a rich source of iron,vitamins,folic acid and antioxidants essential for our nutrition.These leaves taste sour and has lot of health benefits.Andhra meals will be incomplete without this popular gongura pachadi or pickle.whenever I get fresh gongura leaves I tempted to do this pachadi.There are many other dishes we make with this leaves like gongura mutton,gongura chicken,dal..Today I'm posting famous andhra gongura pachadi in BM# 64 UNDER THE THEME PICKLES.Here goes my recipe
- Gongura 1 big bunch
- Red chillies 6
- Jeera1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tspn
- Daniya or coriander seeds 1 tspn
- Fenugreek seeds1/4 tspn
- Oil 1 Tbspn
- Red chlli 1 to 2
- Mustard seeds1/2 tspn
- Jeera1/2 tspn
- Urad Dal 1 tspnd
- garlic 5 to 6 small pods
- Chana dal 1 Tspn
- Oil 3 tbspn
- Heat 1 tbspn of oil in a pan add red chillies,mustard Jeera Coriander seeds fry few mins or until just changes colour.
- Remove from pan,fry gongura leaves in the same pan ( wash gongura leaves and discard the stems) dry with towel to stay pickle fresh long time.)
- Fry leaves in medium flame until just changes color and mushy.
- Remove from pan and keep aside.let it cool
- Grind gongura leaves along with spices.
- Season the mixture with above mentioned ingredients.Optionally add few chopped onions on top to enjoy more taste like me.Yummy gongura pachadi is ready.Have it with hot rice.Enjoy!