A cinnamon roll also known as cinnamon bun,cinnamon swirl, is a sweet roll served commonly in Northern Europe and North America.In North America it is common use for breakfast.Its main ingredients are flour,cinnamon,sugar,and butter,which provide a robust and sweet flavor.In some places it is eaten as a breakfast food and is often served with cream cheese or icing..Info from WIKI.Coming to today's recipe I love the flavor of cinnamon in cakes.These are very soft and tasty rolls. Adapated the recipe from here.Posting the recipe in BM#65 Under the theme 'shaped breads'.Here goes the recipe.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tspns of active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tspn baking powder
- 1/4 tspn baking soda
- 1/4 tbspn.
1/4 cup melted butter
1 or 2 tspns of cinnamon powder.
1 cup sugar
- Heat a pot add milk,vegetable oil,sugar.when the mixture just reaches boiling point,switch of the stove and let it cool few mins.
- When the mixture is luke warm,but not hot add yeast.Let it sit for 2 mins.Then add 2 cups of flour and salt.Stir mixture together.Cover and let it rise for an hr.
- After an hr add 1/2 cup flour,baking powder,baking soda.Stir mixture together.You could cover the dough and put it in the fridge until it is needed.or elsr can use it right away.
- Dust the surafce with flour and roll the dough into rectandular shape.Brush melted butter on top of it.
- Sprinckle sugar and cinnamon mixture over the butter.
- Starting with one end roll the dough tightly towards you ina neat line.
- Using knife cut the dough into 1 inch slices.Slowly arrange in a baking tray coated with butter.Let it sit for 10 mins.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 375F for 13 to 17mins.