Paneer is a fresh cheese common in South Asia especially in Indian, Pakistan and Bangladeshi cuisines.The use of paneer is more common in India,Nepal,Bangladesh and Pakistan.It is wrapped in doughand deep fried or served with either spinach or peas.It can be prepared in many ways.One of the popular paneer dish is paneerbutter masala.This is quite popular in most of Indian restaurants.Almost I tried all paneer dishes,but my husband's and kids favorite is paneer butter masala after palak paneer..Here goes my recipe..
- Butter 2 tbspns
- Chilli powder 1/4 tspn( I used kashmeeri chilli)
- Coriander powder 1 tspn
- Fried onions 1 full fist
- Garam masala 1/4 tspn
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tspn
- Kasoori methi 1/4 tspn
- Tomato ketchup 1 tspn
- Milk 1/2 cup to mix in spices
- Another 1 cup milk to add to gravy
- Tomato purée ( blanched tomatoes made into purée)
- Paneer 1 packet( 500 gms)
- Salt to taste
- Saute paneer with 1 tspn of oil for 3 mins and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl add chillipowder,coriander powder,garam masala powder,kasoori methi powder, tomato ketchup ,tomato puree,( boil 2 small tomatos and remove the skin,then blend into puree)then add milk slowly and mix it.keep aside.
- Heat a pan, add butter when it starts melting add ginger garlic paste fry well until the raw smell goes.Add fried onions fry few mins.
- Now add spice mix to the pan ,cover it with lid until the raw smell goes off.( 10 to 12 mins ) slow to to medium flame.cook until butter oozes out from masala mix.
- Now add remaining 1/2 cup milk slowly to the pan( stirring continuously) and mix it properly without curdling.cook around 2 to 3 mins
- Slowly add paneer to the pan and cook another few mins until paneer is little soft,
- Enjoy paneer butter masala with roti or rice.