Gongura paneer or sorrel leaves saag paneer is very healthy paneer dish which I adapted from vahrehwah .When I first saw this recipe thought how can be gongura which is sour, combined with paneer..But I thought it is something different and give a try.Finally I got fresh gongura leaves in the grocery store and tried this recipe.It is very great in taste and easy to cook.Gongura which is a very healthy leaafy vegetable and a great source of iron.Here goes yummy gongura paneer with rice or roti.Iam posting this recipe in BM#62 under the theme "No tomato gravies."
- Paneer 2 lbs
- onion 1
- green chilli4 to 5
- Gongura leaves 1 bunch ( 200 gms)
- ginger 2 small pieces
- garlic 6 small pods
- curry leaves 2 springs
- cumin seeds 1tspn
- chilli powder 1 tspn
- turmeric powder 1/4 tspn
- oil 3 to 4 tbspn
- coriander powder 1 tspn
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan,add ginger garlic pieces,greenchilli,onions,salt and saute well.
- Slowly add sour green leaves or gongura leaves to the pan and cook until this is soft.( hardly it takes 5 to 8 mins)Then grind into paste when it is completely cool down.
- Heat a pan, add jeera,curry leaves,chopped onions,salt,turmeric powder,chilli powder little water,coriander powder and some more water to mix it well.
- when the mixture comes to boil add already prepared gongura paste and fried paneer.( before adding ,fry paneer in separate pan keep aside)Cook this for few more mins and switch off the flame.Enjoy with rice or roti.