Popsicle or an ice pop is a water based frozen snack.It is also referred to as a Popsicle in US.It is made by freezing flavored liquid such as fruit juice around the stick,generally resembling a tongue depressor.Often the juice is colored artificially.Once the liquid freezes solid,the stick can be used as handle to hold the ice pop.Last year,When I thought of making Popsicle I tried mixed fruit popsicles.Kids feel very lazy to eat fruits.So,thought of blending into this way and giving them a great idea.Summer already arrived in Florida,I had lot of blueberries left in my kitchen..So,thought why not I try blueberry popsicle..Here goes blueberry popsicle with touch of lemon juice and few strawberries.Posting this recipe in BLOGGING MARATHON#62 under the theme toddler snacks.
- Blueberries 3 cups(200 ml cup)
- strawberries 3 to 4(optional)
- Lemon juice( 1 big lemon)
- water 1/4cup
- sugar 1/4cup
- Popsicle molds
- Blend blueberries, strawberries,lemon juice,sugar,water in a blender until very smooth.Drain and remove the extra pulp.
- Taste before putting into Popsicle molds.
- Add extra sugar if you feel it is less sweet.(because after freezing Popsicle tastes less sugary)
- Fill the Popsicle molds and keep it in freezer until 4 to 5 hrs.
- Remove after 5 hrs and enjoy these Popsicle in hot summer.