Beerakai or ridge gourd medically referred to as Luffa acuteangula as well as called turiya.This particular veggie is definitely a well known veggie within the Asia,Africa as well as Arabic nations.Vegetables from the gourd family are extremely advantageous through the health perspective.Ridge gourd is quite lower in saturated fats as well as calories.It really abundant with dietary fiber,vitaminc,riboflavin,zinc,thiamin,iron,as wee as magnesium.Today iam going to post Beeraki mixed with chana dal in BM#62 under the theme 'No tomato gravies'An awesome curry which tastes good with roti and rice too.
- Beerakai 3
- chana dal 1/2 cup
- onion 1
- Red chillies 2
- Ginger garlic crushed 3 tbspns
- mustard seeds 1/2 tspn
- jeera 1/2 tspn
- chillie powder
- Turmeric powder
- garam masala 1 tspn
- salt to taste.
- oil 2 tbspns
- Soak chana dal atleast half an hr in water.
- Heat oil in a pan, then add mustard seeds,jeera,when it starts spluttering add chopped onions.
- Fry well until onions turns little brown then add crushed ginger and garlic( if not time to crush you can add ginger garlic paste).Saute few more mins then add chopped beerakai followed by salt and turmeric.
- Now add soaked chana dal and ,close the lid let it cook few mins until beerakai and dal becomes little soft. or( you can put chana dal in microwave for 8 to 10 mins.In that case add chana dal just before adding chilli powder)
- After few mins add red chilli powder followed by garam masala( a key ingredient).
- Let it cook few more mins and then switch off the stove.Enjoy with roti or rice.