Raw banana or plantains are a low glycemic source of carbohydrate and full of nutrion. Aratikaias.Aratikaias as its known in Andhra is a regular everyday vegetable.In south India aratikai is pretty common in all house holds.I tried aratikai different recipes.But this is very simple and easy platain or aratikai without onion and garlic.I adapted this recipe from Srivalli's "cooking for all seasons"she is a wonderful blogger and a fabulous cook.She had tons of delicious recipes.This is a very simple recipe adapted from her blog.wanted to post this recipe on her birthday Wishing her, a very "Happy birthday "
- Raw banana 3 small
- mustard seeds 1/2 tspn
- urad dal 1/2 tspn
- curry leaves 1 string
- oil 2 tbspns
- turmeric powder 1/4 tspn
- chilli powder 1/2 tspn
- Daniya powder( Coriander powder) 1/2 tspn
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan,when it is hot add mustard seeds,urad dal ,curry leaves.when it starts spluttering add raw banana ( plantain) pieces.( Chop raw banana into small pieces and put in water for 1 min before adding it to tadka)
- cover the lid and cook for 10 to 12 mins in medium flame.
- Now remove lid add chilli powder, daniya powder and cook few more mins until the chilli and daniya powder coats well.
- Yummy raw banana fry is reay.Enjoy with rice and rasam or sambar.