Soya chunks is an excellent addition to our diet.These are odourless food item,but this unique food is highly nutritional and full of rich proteins. Soya chunks easily available in packets,So very easy to get and great source of protein for vegetarians.Long back I have seen this recipe in tv show and I noted in a book( I have not started blog then).My first fav recipe in the TV show...A great appetizer for everyone.Just vanishes within mins..Soya chunks and poha is a unique combo and great combo which yields a good taste.Here I'm posting soy chunks poha vada in BM#54 under the theme one bite appetizer..
- Soya chunks 2 cups ( 180 ml cup)
- Poha or beaten rice( atukulu) 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 Tyson
- Onions chopped ( 2 small onions)
- Green chili 2 chopped
- Besan or chickpea flour 4 Tbspn
- Corn starch 2 Tspn
- Salt to taste
- Cook soya chunks in hot boiling water for 3 to 4 mins( don't add any salt)
- Then strain the water and let the soya chunks cool down, squeeze extra water from it.
- Chop the soya chunks into small pieces with knife or can use food processor ,keep aside in a bowl.
- Now add all ingredients ( besan,cornflour,green chili,onions,ginger garlic paste,poha, salt) mix it well.
- You may add few drops of water if the dough is little dry.Now take small amount on your palm and press it as we do it for Vada.
- Heat oil in a pan,when it is hot fry these vadas in medium flame until golden brown on both sides.