Baked Corn bread pockets is a very simple appetizer for kids,ready in few mins.Corn and few veggies makes a great evening snack for kids.It was so crispy to enjoy each bite.Simple white bread and few corn kernals makes wonderful snack.I'm posting this recipe in BM#54 under the theme one bite appetizer.
- Bread 4 slices( big size)
- Corn kernals 1/2 cup( frozen)
- Capsicum or green pepper 1/4 cup chopped
- Carrot grated 3 tbspn
- Small red onion chopped ( optional)
- Chat masala 2 tspns
- Chilli flakes 1 /2 tspn
- Pepper powder 1 tspn
- Mozerrala cheese 4 tbspn
- Butter 2 tspn just to brush outside
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbspn oil in pan,slowly fry corn,( if using fresh corn boil 3 to 4 mins)capsicum and onions, carrot well until they are soft
- Add chat masala ,pepper powder,chili flakes fry one more min.
- Switch of the stove,let it cool completely.
- Now trim edges of the bread and roll with a rolling pin to make thin squares
- Take little water in a bowl,slowly wet the sides of the bread with water.( just to fold easily)
- Keep 1 or 2 tbspn of stuffing in the bread.Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top,Roll the bread carefully.Fold sides carefully.Brush outside of the rolls with butter.
- Preheat oven 400F. Slowly arrange bread pockets in a baking tray.( watch out the breads carefully they may easily burnt)
- Bake around 10 to 11 mins( Turn other side after 5 mins, so that both sides fry well)
- Enjoy yummy crispy snack.