Vanilla cake is one of the first cake I learnt when I'm new to baking..Later I tried so many different types of cakes but, my favorite is always this classic vanilla cake.Whenever my hand itches to bake something I love to bake this simple vanilla cake..I tried both with egg and eggless recipes..But I love this eggless recipe a lot...Coming to the story behind this vanilla cake is the famous tv show Tom and Jerry where both Tom and Jerry bakes vanilla cake for their friend puppy on his birthday..This entire story narrated by daughter who watches tom and Jerry episodes regularly. I'M posting this recipe in BM#54 under the theme kids recipe from story books and tv shows..Here goes my simple recipe..
- All purpose flour 1 1/2 cup( 1 cup+1/2 cup)
- Baking powder 1 1/4 tspn( 1 tspn + 1/4 tspn)
- Baking soda 1/2 tspn
- Thick curd or yogurt 1cup
- Vanilla essence 1 tspn
- Sugar( powdered)3/4 cup
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven 400F.
- Grease baking tray with oil or butter
- Now mix sugar and yogurt mixture in a bowl until creamy around 2 to 3 mins
- Add baking soda baking powder to the flour in another bowl
- Mix vanilla essence and oil in sugar yogurt mixture
- Now slowly add little by little the flour mix to the creamy yogurt mix .
- Fold it nicely( mix with hand mixture for less than a min)
- Keep it in preheated oven I.e 400F for 5 mins and then reduce to 375 f and bake around 25 to 30 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool it for 20 mins completely, then reverse,cut it and enjoy!