Jantikalu or murukulu are all time fav snack to most people. My kids love to have this any time. My daughter who is a picky eater slowly grabs from kitchen shelf and starts eating it without noticing.Usually I prepare jantikalu with rice flour and Besan or Senaga pindi but this time I replace besan with daliya or fried dal.It came out very well and stay crisp for more days.Addition of daliya enhances the taste.I'm posting this recipe in BM#53 under the theme Kids delight snacking all the way..Here goes yummy crunchy snack.
- Rice flour 2 cups
- 1/2 cup roasted gram flour or daliya( fried chana dal)
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain or carom seeds
- 2 cups water or as needed
- Ghee 1 or 2 tspns
- Green chilli paste 2 tspns or 1 tspn of chilli powder
- salt to taste
- oil for deep fry
- Take a bowl mix,rice flour,gram flour,( grind Daliya or fried Dal into fine powder)green chilli paste,ghee and water
- Add water to make thick dough like chapati dough.
- Use small line disc maker for ribbon muruku.
- Take small amount of dough and stuff inside the muruku maker.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep fry.When it is hot slowly press the muruku maker on top of oil( do it carefully)
- Fry it well on both sides,until it just firm.