chocolate ice cream is ice cream with natural or artificial chocolate flavoring.Chocolate is the second most common flavor of ice cream in the united states.It can be eaten in a bowl,cup or cone.This is very simple and easy ice cream without eggs.This simple classic chocolate ice cream can be done without ice cream machine.Kids love it anything with chocolate.My son loves chocolate ice cream and daughter loves vanilla ice cream.So I prepared both one each week..I'm posting different ice creams in BM#53 under the theme ice creams.Here goes my simple chocolate ice cream recipe.
- Coco powder ( unsweetened) 1/2 cup ( 250 ml cup)
- Brown sugar 1/2 cup
- White sugar 3/4 cup
- Whole milk 3/4 cup
- Heavy cream or heavy whipping cream 1 1/2 cups( 1 cup + 1/2 cup)
- Vanilla extract 1 tbspn
- Combine cocoa powder,both sugars,well in a bowl.Add milk and whisk until sugars are dissolved.
- Stir in heavy cream and vanilla extract.( you can whip the heavy cream for 3 to 4 mins before adding to the blender that way your ice cream will be more soft)
- Blend everything in a blender just for 1 to 2 mins
- pour mixture into the freezing bowl and freeze around 6 to 8 hrs( before freezing check the sugar add more if you feel less sugar).
- Stir in between, after 1 hr to avoid crystal formation in the ice cream and blend again for 1 min,and keep in the freezer.( if you have ice cream machine you can avoid this step)
- After 6 hrs enjoy yummy icecream.Make sure take out side 2 to 3 mins before serving.
NOTE: I did'nt whip the cream as i'm in a hurry...Still mine was soft.Whip the heavy cream for more better result.