A chocolate chip cookie is a drop cookies that originated in the united states and features chocolate chips as its distinguishing ingredient.The traditional recipe combines a dough composed of butter and both brown sugar and white sugar with semi sweet chocolate chips.This is very popular cookie in the united states.This week is the last week of school for my kids.My son who is in third grade love to watch my cooking and he likes to help me..hmm...My kindergartner( my daughter) who is picky eater is more of choosy.This is her most favorite cookie..Hmm I will be more occupied in coming days.This is the second time I tried these cookies..Both the times I tried eggless recipe,came out awesome.Never thought that eggless version will be more tasty.Adapted the recipe here..Very easy recipe and a quick snack for kids.I'm posting this recipe in BM#53 under kids delight snacking all the way.
- All purpose flour 1 cup plus 2 tbspns( Mine is 160 ml rice cooker cup)
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter 1/2 cup or one stick
- Sugar(powdered) 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar 1/4cup
- Vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk 2 tbspns
- chocolate chips 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 F(180 C) for 5 mins.
- Mix all dry ingredients i.e flour,baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl take butter and mix with hand mixer or whisk until fluffy.
- Add both sugars,beat again for 1 or 2 mins.
- Add vanilla extract and milk,whisk together.
- Then add chocolate chip cookies,fold them.we can see a soft dough now.Keep in the freezer for 5 mins ,just to chill and to handle the dough easily( you can also keep in the refrigerator for 30 mins or until the dough just firm to handle)
- Make round balls( gooseberry size) and press each ball and slowly arrange on the baking sheet.
- Optionally you may sprinkle few chocolate chips top.
- Bake them 10 to 12 mins,or until the edges are little brown.
- Take out,let it cool completely to handle and enjoy yummy cookies.
Note: you can replace 1/4 cup brown sugar( 2 tbspn molasses plus 1/4 cup white sugar)