Wonderfully delicious, bright red raspberry is among the most popular berries to relish.They are rich source of health promoting plant derived nutrients,minerals,and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.Delicious raspberries are low in calories and saturated fats but are rich source of dietary fiber,and antioxidants.Fresh raspberries are excellent source of vitamin c,which is also a powerful natural antioxidant.My daughter just loves berries,she told me to prepare raspberry cake.She demanded me with frosting,hmm she did frosting with me. Somehow i never tried frosting on cakes before,may be this is my first frosting . Coming to the recipe, it is completely my own thought and it tasted awesome.so ,thought of posting in my blog..Today I'm posting simple Raspberry cake in Blogging Marathon #52 under the theme seasonal produce.Here goes my recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour( 1 cup +1/2cup)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup raspberries( blend 5 to 6 into puree ,keep remaining aside)
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar(powdered)
- 1 tspn rose syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F(175c).Grease baking pan with olive oil or butter.
- Take a bowl,Cream together sugar and butter in a bowl.Beat eggs at one time,stir in vanilla essence. Combine flour and baking powder ,add to the creamed mixture, rasberry puree,rose syrup, mix it well.Add milk until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter in the baking pan.Bake for 30 to 40 mins in the preheated oven.( or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.)
Add 1 tspn of rose syrup in cream cheese frosting and decorate as per your wish.
Check out for fellow Marathoners in BM#52