Papaya fruit is sweet and a soft butter like consistency ,it is no wonder the papaya was reputable called the "fruit of the angles" by Christopher Columbus. once considered quite exotic,they can now be found in markets thought out the year.papaya not only good in taste but are rich sources of antioxidant nutrients such as carotene vitamin and minerals.They are also good source of fiber,which has been shown to lower high cholesterol levels.Today I'm posting a wonderful delicious papaya juice with slight ginger and mint flavour.I'm posting papaya juice in Bm#52 under the theme Seasonal produce.Here goes my recipe.
- Papaya 1/2 medium size
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Ginger 3 to 4 small pieces
- Mint leaves 2
- Cold water 1/2 cup
- Cut and peel papaya and chop into small pieces .
- Blend papaya pieces,orange juice,sugar,ginger,mint ,cold water in a blender.
- Adjust sugar as per your taste.optionallly add lemon juice to increase sourness.
- Fresh papaya juice is ready .Pour it in chilled serving glasses and serve immediately.