Blueberries are repeatedly ranked in the U.S diet as having one of the highest antioxidant capacities among all fruits.Blueberries one of the few fruits native to North America,blueberries have been enjoyed by native Americans for hundred of years.After many years of research on blueberry antioxidants and their potential benefits for the nervous system and for brain health,there is exciting new evidence that blueberries can improve memory.Blueberries have reached superstar status in terms of their unique health benefits.Today I'm baking yummy blueberry pie or call it a cake.I'M POSTING THIS RECIPE IN BLOGGING MARATHON#52 under the theme seasonal foods.Here goes my recipe.
- Graham crackers 2 cups( Grounded)
- Butter 4 teaspoons
- Fresh or frozen blue berries 2 cups
- Lemon juice 2 tbspns
- Gelatin 2 teaspoons ( unflavoured)
- Fat free Cream cheese 8 oz
- 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F .Grease baking pan lightly with butter or oil.
- Combine crumbs and butter in a pan.Bake 10 mins in preheated oven.
- Now blend blueberries into puree.( keep few just to decorate it on top)keep aside
- Sprinkle gelatin on top and stand for 10 mins
- Microwave for 10 sec to dissolve gelatin
- Now beat cream cheese,condensed milk, blueberry mix in a blender.
- Pour this mixture on top of baked crust mixture.
- Refrigerate it for 8 hrs.Then decorate it with blueberries and few mint leaves( If it doesn't set after refrigeration,freeze it for 1 hr)
Check out for fellow Marathoners doing BM#52