Paneer is the star ingredient in most Indian dishes.Anything with paneer we just love to eat.When I was thinking what else I can cook with paneer,as I already prepared lot of paneer dishes,so thought of doing this easy yummy appetizer.It is great snack during kids parties and get togethers.My elder one is a foodie,he loves to eat paneer any form. Though both my kids are chicken lovers I regret to cook non vegeterian some specific days in a week.Those days I prepare paneer varieties.Yesterday when My son came back from school I surprised with this yummy snack.He just love it.I'm posting this recipe in Blogging Marathon #50 under the theme one ingredient different dishes.Here goes my recipe.
- Paneer 1/2 lb( chopped)
- Jeera 1/2 Tspn
- Onion 1/2 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste
- Green chilli 2
- Red chilli powder1/2 Tspn
- Garam masala power 1/4 Tspn
- Tomato 1/4 chopped ( optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tbspn
- Heat oil in a pan,when it is hot add Jeera ,when it starts spluttering add chopped onions fry well then add ginger garlic paste.
- After few mins add tomato ( optional) I prefer without tomato it is more tasty. Fry well then add chopped paneer pieces I just break into small pieces with my hands.
- Fry few mins add garam masala powder red chilli powder and salt. After 3 to 4 mins switch off the stove and garnish with Corriander leaves.
- Paneer stuffing is ready.Now preheat oven to 375F.( Mine is convection mode fan on)
- Take a refrigerated puff pastry sheet half an hr before baking( here I always use pepperidge farm puff sheets usually get it any grocery store)
- Divide the puff sheet into small finger length squares. Stuff 1 or 2 Tspn above prepared paneer inside and fold all sides carefully ( use little water when folding)
- Bake 20 to 25 mins in preheated oven or until those are golden color.