Methi or fenugreek is packed with lot of health and nutritional benefits.In Indian households, we frequently use both seeds and leaves of methi in our,dals,parathas,curries and various dishes.It contains proteins fiber,iron and potassium. Methi helps control of blood sugar levels in diabetics. Methi leaves are strongly aromatic and favorable.This week I'm posting all methi dishes.Here comes my today's dish Methi chutney very tasty and healthy.I'm posting Methi chutney in BM#50 under the theme methi dishes.Here goes my recipe.
- Methi 1 bunch ( 2 cups)
- Redchillis 3 to 4
- 1 Tspn jeera or cumin
- Tamarind( gooseberry size)
- 1 Tspn jaggary or sugar( very small)
- Garlic pods 4 to 5
- Urad dal 2 Tspns
- Chana dal 1 Tspn
- Asofoetida pinch
- Oil 3 tbspns
- Salt to taste
- Wash methi leaves ,drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry red chillies,Jeera,garlic few mins or until little golden color keep aside.Add urad dal and Chana dal fry well until golden brown remove from pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan fry methi leaves until they are soft and well cooked( around 10 mins).Preferably fry in medium to low flame.
- Now first blend red chillies, Jeera,garlic ,urad dal and chana dal together and then add fried methi leaves,salt,very little jaggary,tamarind.
- Take out the chutney from the blender and enjoy with rice or roti.
- You may add seasoning with 1 tbspn of oil ,few mustardseeds,urad dal,redchilli (optional)