Pizza is an oven baked flat bread generally topped with tomato sauce and cheese.It is commonly supplemented with a selection of meats,vegetables and condiments.Pizza is prepared fresh,frozen and in portioned slices or pieces.Many varieties exist and several similar dishes are prepared from ingredients commonly used in pizza.Here I tried California pizza with different toppings..I'm posting this recipe in BM#47 under the theme kids delight Holiday special recipes..
4 cups all purpose flour
1/1/4 cups warm water
2 packages dry yeast
1 tbspn honey
3 tbspn good olive oil
2 teaspoons salt.
For the toppings
1 red or green pepper sliced
1/2cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup olives sliced
1/2 cup mushroom sliced
1 small red onion sliced
1 small egg plant sliced
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
crushed red pepper flakes
1 or 2 tspns of Italian seasoning( just sprinkle on top)
- In a bowl add water and yeast and let it stand a few mins( can see froth on top )
- Slowly add dough ingredients to the yeast mixture i.e honey,olive oil,all purpose flour, then salt and mix it well.Keep the dough at least 2 hrs in warm place.
- After 2 hrs knead the dough again and keep for half an hr
- Preheat the oven to 400 f .Drizzle another 2 tbspn oil onto a large baking sheet.Shift the dough onto the oiled baking sheet or pizza pan
- Roll the dough into desired shape.Keep the rolled dough in the oven about 5 to 6mins( this is to cook the base perfectly.)Take out after 5 mins ,Spread little bit cheese n top of it.
- Add marinara sauce on top of it.Sprinkle some veggies on it.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top of it,red chilli flakes.Finally add Remaing mozzarella cheese on top of it and bake it for 30 to 40 mins or until cheese melts.