Besan pare is a great snack for everyone.It is one of the delicious snack with few ingredients.Besan pare is crunchy and spicy which is more popular in North India.Namak pare is often made with all purpose flour and wheat flour.I adapted this recipe from Manjulas kitchen.Both kids liked it very much and finished in 2 days.Even while travelling this is great snack for all of us.Just prepare it in one hr and store in a airtight box enjoy your travel munching with spicy snacks.I'm posting this recipe in BM#46 under the theme "Car snacks".Here goes yummy snack.
1 cup all purpose flour or maida
1 cup besan or gram flour
2 tbspns fine semolina or sooji
4 tbspoons oil
1 tspn salt or per taste
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
1/4 tspn carom seeds(ajwain)
Pinch of hing or asafoetida
oil for deep fry
- Combine all purpose flour,sooji,gram flour,salt,carom seeds.asafoetida,chiliflakes and oil together.
- Add water as needed to make firm dough( not smooth dough)cover with a damp cloth and set it aside for 10 to 15 mins
- Now knead the dough another min and divide into four equal parts.
- Take each part of the dough and flatten it,,roll them into round circles like chapathi and prick them with a fork all over the dough(this helps not to puff when frying)
- Cut each of round circle into desired shapes,with knife or pizza cutter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat,When the oil is ready slowly drop besan pare and fry them both sides until golden brown( always fry in a medium heat)
- When they come to room temperature they should become crispy.They stay fresh and crispy for 2 weeks if we store in a air tight container.
Check out for fellow bloggers in BM#46