Rajma is a popular Indian vegetarian dish consisting of red kidney beans in a thick gravy with lots of Indian whole spices.This is usually served with rice and roti.But the combination of Rajma and rice generally lists as a top of favorite of North India.Rajma chawal ,the staple food in many parts of the country.Rajma Masala is red kidney beans cooked in Indian Punjabi style.Rajma are not just limited to its fibre and protein content as it is full of antioxidants too.These antioxidants boost our immune system and protect it from harmful effects..Iam posting this recipe in Bm#46 under combo dishes.Here goes my recipe.
- Rajma 1 cup
- 1 Big onion
- small ttomatoes2
- ginger garlic paste 1 Tspn
- Daniya powder 1 Tspn
- jeera powder 1/2 Tspn
- Garam masala 1/4 Tspn
- chillipowder 1 Tspn
- green chillies 2 count
- Rajma masala store bought1 tspn(optional)
- Oil 2 tbspns
- salt to taste
Soak Rajma over night and pressure cook with 3 to 4 cups of water for 2 to 3whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan.when the oil is hot add chopped onions fry well until onions turn golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste fry few more minutes,then add tomato purée,fry well until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add Daniya ,jeera,chilli powder ,a bit garam masala,salt.Fry well around 5 to 10 mins.You may add store bought Rajma masala now if u want (optional)
- Add cooked Rajma to the masala and mix well.You can add water to the masala mix(the water which we used for cooking rajma)
- Cover the lid and cook for 15 to 20 mins in slow to medium on stove.
- Remove the lid mix well.yummy Rajma ready now.Have it with rice and roti.