Cutlets are very popular in India and a very easy snack.It is a great evening snack with tea.Here I am posting poha and raw banana cutlet.Plantain or raw banana provides adequate levels of minerals such as iron,magnesium aand phosphorus.Poha is one of the few Indian dishes that can be had for break fast,lunch or snack.It is highly nutritious too.Eating poha regularly can prevent iron deficiency as it it rich in iron.So combination of these two is a great way of eating healthy snack.I am posting this recipe in BM#45 under the theme tea time snacks.Here goes my recipe.
- Raw banana ( aratikai or plantain)2
- Poha5 tbspns(thick)
- Chili powder1/4 tspn(optional)
- green chili finely chopped 2 to 3
- cumin powder 1/4 tspn
- daniya powder 1/4 tspn(coriander seeds powder)
- Amchur powder or lemon juice 2 Tspn
- Take a pressure cooker and keep the raw banana in the cooker and add cup of water and cook it for 1 whistle( don't add more water just enough to steam it)
- When the cooker completely releases the pressure,remove the lid and peel the skin from the banana and mash it.
- Take a bowl add green chili,poha(soaked for 5 mins and squeeze extra water from it.),amchur powder,jeera powder,chili powder (optional), and mashed raw banana,salt.
- Heat a non stick pan add 1 to 2 tbspn of oil,when it is hot take a little mixture in your hands roll it into a round ball and press gently to flatten it.
- In the similar way make few more balls approximately (lemon size) and flatten them.Slowly place these in hot oil and fry until both sides turn golden brown.Now yummy cutlets are ready.
Check out for fellow bloggers in BM#45