Muffins are individually sized baked goods,made from a thick batter, and baked in a muffin tin,possibly muffin liners.Here I am posting very simple and interesting orange muffins.Juicy and sweet and renowned for its concentration of vitamin c oranges makes the perfect snack and a special tang to many recipes.They are good source of dietary fiber.I am posting this recipe in BM#45 under the theme Cakes and muffins with fruits and vegetables.Here goes my recipe.
- All purpose flour 1 3/4 cups( 1 cup and 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter( 8 tbspns)
- 1 tb orange zest( I grated with grater)
- 3/4 cup white powdered sugar
- 1 tspn of baking powder
- 1 tspn of baking soda
- salt a pinch
- 1 tspn of fruit essence or vanilla essence.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.Prepare the muffin tin with muffin liners in.
- Prepare orange juice with fresh oranges in a blender or juicer.( i took 3 to 4 small oranges )
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients i.e all purpose flour,baking soda,baking powder.
- Take another bowl add egg,butter( room temperature),food essence, orange juice.Mix everything well.
- Slowly add dry flour ingredients to the above mixture.Combine everything well.
- Now fill the muffins cups about 3/4 cup.
- Now reduce the oven temperature to 350 F and bake for 20 to 25 mins or when a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Wait to have it until it completely cools down.
Check out for fellow bloggers in BM#45
Also linking this to srivalli's kids delight Anniversary party