Methi paneer is a Mughlai recipe that uses paneer along with fenugreek leaves.This is given more flavour by adding cream milk, yogurt and fenugreek leaves.Paneer being a favorite in our family I keep trying different paneer recipes.This curry has very good flavour and a creamy texture.I always store 2 to 3 paneer packets in my freezer and I keep cooking paneer recipes on vegetarian days.This week I'm posting all PANEER RECIPES in Blogging Marathon #50 Under the theme One ingredient different recipes.Paneer being favorite to my kids specially I tried cooking paneer with methi say a great combo.Here goes my recipe.
- Methi(1 Medium bunch)
- Paneer 200gms(cut into cubes)
- Onion -1 big chopped
- green chilli 3
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tspn
- Cashew nuts 5 to 6
- curd or yogurt 3 tbspn
- Heavy cream 2 tbspns
- Tomato 1
- Spices( cloves,cardamom each 2) cinnamon 1 stick
- coriander powder 1 tspn
- jeera powder 1 tspn
- chili powder 1/2 tspn
- salt to taste
- oil 3 tbspns
- Heat 1 tspn of oil and stir fry paneer well just few mins.Remove paneer from the pan and keep aside.In the same oil add chopped onion,spices and green chilli and fry well until onions turn golden brown and keep aside
- In another pan ,add chopped methi and fry well until methi leaves water and becomes soft, around10 to 12 mins keep aside.
- Now add chopped tomatoes to the pan and fry well until raw smell goes off.( around 5 to 8 mins)
- Make a paste of fried onions with spices and green chilli.Blend tomatoes into fine puree separately.
- Soak cashew in water for 10mins and make into fine paste.Mix cashew and yougurt mixture in
- a bowl.
- Now heat a pan add 2 tbspn of oil add ginger garlic paste,when it fries well add onion paste and tomato paste followed by coriander powder,jeera powder,chilli powder,salt.Mix it well few mins.
- Add water if the gravy is thick,then add fried paneer, cook 3 to 5 mins add methi ,cashew yougurt mixture.Cook few more mins
- Finally add 2 tbspn of heavy cream and enjoy delicious methi paneer.
Check out for fellow bloggers in BM#50