Garlic bread is a favorite with many dinners and can be made using with different kinds of bread.The traditional method uses a long thin bread such as french loaf or a crusty italian bread.Garlic bread is prepared by cutting thick slices off the bread loaf,which is then coated liberally with either olive oil or butter.There after minced garlic is rubbed on the oil coated bread.Mixture of minced garlic,oregano,parsley ,olive oil spread inside the bread.This is the first time I tried making italian bread searching recipes in the Google,finally i got a very good video recipe and i followed that recipe.Iam posting this recipe in BM#45 under the theme Healthy tea time snacks.
- All purpose flour 2cups
- Rapid rising yeast 1 packet(about 1/4 oz or 7g)
- water 1 cup( luke warm or around 100f)
- One egg white (optional)
- one tspn of salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
For bread loaf:
- Combine yeast, sugar in a bowel of warm water,dissolve yeast completely and let it sit for 5 mins.After 5 mins we see some bubbles in the yeast mix.(if you don't see anything just wait few more mins)
- In another bowel take 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour and salt, 1 tbspn of olive oil.now add yeast mixture to the dough.
- Now slowly mix the dough and knead until soft and smooth.If dough is little sticky add extra flour until it is stiff and smooth. cover it with a lid.Rest the dough for 2 hrs near warm temperature.
- After 2 hrs we see dough is doubled in size.,once doubled again punch down knead for 5 mins.Roll into nice 12- inch loaf
- Grease a baking cookie sheet and sprinkle some corn flour.place the bread on the pan,.Make small slits on the top and brush with egg white
- once risen,mist with water and place in a preheated 425f oven.Wait for 45 to 50 mins or until bread is done i.e golden brown. wait until it cool down and then cut into desired shape.
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbspn of chopped parseley
- 2 tbspn of chopped oregono
- 1/2 tspn of salt
- 1/2 tspn of pepper
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 tbspn of unsalted butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the garlic in a food processor and process until it is minced(.I grated the garlic in my grater.)
- Add the parsely,oregano,salt and pepper and pulse twice or you can mix all in a bowel.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan and add the garlic mixture.Remove the pan from heat after 1 or 2 mins.
- Slice the bread into slits or horizontally and spread the butter on half and garlic mix on the other half.Wrap the bread in aluminium foil and place in the oven for 5 to 8 mins.open the foil and continue baking another 5 mins.
Check out for fellow bloggers in BM#45