Kaju pista roll is a traditional Indian sweet made with cashew,pistachios,condensed milk,milkpowder.It is very easy to prepare when you have all ingredients.I prepare this recipe on occasion of Diwali.Here goes yummy recipe.
- 2 cups of cashew nuts unsalted
- 1 tin condensed milk( appromimately 1 cup ).
- 2 teaspoons of ghee
- 1 teaspoons of rose water
- 2 cups of pistachio unsalted
- Green food coloring a pinch(optional)
- 1 tspn of grounded cardamom
- 4 tbspn of milk powder.
- Blend cashews and pistachios to fine powder and keep aside.
- Take a deep non stick pan add grounded cashews, half of condensed milk,1 spn ghee and mix well in a medium to low flame around 10 mins or until it is combined well.
- In another pan take grounded pistachio add 1 tspn ghee, remaining condensed milk, cardamom powder,green color mix well around 10 mins or until it is well combined.
- Now stir 2 to 3 tbspn off milk powder in each pan until firm dough is formed.
- Remove from the pan and allow them cool separately.
- Now roll cashew mixture on a zip-lock to form a small rectangle,nearly our palm size.
- Take pistachio mixture and form into a small log less than cashew sheet size.
- Tightly roll cashew around pistachio log and allow it cool in a refrigerator.
Note: I haven't use any sugar as i used sweetened condensed milk.
Add extra milk powder if you want the pista more firm.