Shrimp or prawn are important seafood that are consumed world wide.These are versatile ingredients and are often used as an accompaniment to fried rice.Common methods of preparation include baking,boiling,frying and grilling.Wet shrimp is commonly used as a flavoring and as a soup base in Asian cuisines,while fried shrimp popular in North America.Here I am posting prawns curry mixed with tomatoes and few spices.
- Prawns 1 lb
- Onion 1 big size
- Green chilies 4
- Ginger garlic each 4 small pieces
- Tomato 1
- Poppy seeds1 Tspn
- Jeera powder1/4 Tspn
- Daniya powder1 Tspn
- Garam masala 1 Tspn
- Chili powder1 Tspn
- Turmeric powder 1/4 Tspn
- Salt to taste
Marination: marinate prawns with chili powder,turmeric powder,salt at least 15 to 20 mins.
Grind onion,ginger garlic,poppy seeds into fine paste and keep aside( half onion for making masala paste and remaining for frying)
- Heat oil in a pan.Add half chopped onions and green chilies fry well,then add onion masala paste,fry until the raw smell goes off
- Now add marinated prawns to the masala paste and fry very well until the masala well coated with prawns.
- Add Daniya,jeera and chili powder,salt and mix well.
- Now add chopped tomatoes to the prawns and close the lid for few mins until tomatoes are well mixed with masala paste.
- Add 1 cup of water and close the lid,let it cook for 20 mins till the prawns are soft.
- Remove the lid and add 1 Tspn of garam masala and stir it for 2 to 3 mins and switch off the stove.Yummy prawns curry is ready.