Pizza pockets with puff pastry sheets is similar to the pinwheels recipe only just few changes.When i was thinking for the pizza snacks what else can i cook as pizza snacks? so thought of doing this as it is very quick and easy. I already had pastry sheets at home so quickly jumped to this recipe.I'm posting this recipe in BM#43 under the theme pizza snacks.Here goes my quick easy recipe.
- 1 puff pastry sheet refregerated(pepperidge farm)
- 1 cup of chopped vegetables (olives,mushrooms,green peeper,spinach)( you may add your choice vegetables)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tspn of Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper( very little)
fold and seal all sidesProcedure:
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface.cut pastry sheet into small rectangles as shown in the pic.Or you may cut your desired shape
- Spread 1 tspn of pizza sauce on each sheet.Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of each sheet.
- Add vegetables on top each sheet.Fold the sheet one side and slowly seal the edges with egg white or with few drops of water.(dont seal too tight as they puff easily)
- Brush the top surface with egg white( this is optional ).Bake in the oven around 25 mins or until puff pastry is golden brown.
Also linking this recipe to kids delight theme which is hosted by Harini under healthy snacks.
Check out for fellow bloggers in BM#43