Pizza pin wheels is one of the delicious snack both for kids and adults.Great for starters in a party as well. It is very Quick and easy recipe. I baked this version with puff pastry sheets.
It came out great and my kids loved it as adding our favorite vegetables gave a very good taste. Kids love to dip these pizza pin wheels in condiments like ketchup and ranch I'm posting this recipe in BM#43 UNDER THE THEME" PIZZA SNACKS"..Here goes my recipe.
- 1 refrigerated (pepperidge farm )puff sheet
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of chopped( red and green bell peppers,olives,sliced onions))
- 1 tspn of Italian seasoning( dried basil,oregano,chilli flakes)
- 1/2 cup of pizza sauce ( i used marinara sauce)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves,( I highly recommend basil leaves which is a key ingredient)
steps before putting in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.Spray baking tray with cooking oil.
- Take refrigerated puff sheet( atleast 30 mins before baking keep outside room temperature from freezer)Dust the baking surface with flour,sprinkle some flour on top of sheet.
- Now apply pizza sauce on top of entire sheet just little space leaving sides ( to avoid the leakage while folding)
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of it,slowly spread all chopped veggies.( I added very less cheese as my kids like it light) while you may add more cheese.
- Starting with one side roll up the sheet and press the edges to seal.Using knife cut sheet into small round discs.
- Place the cut side down on cookie sheet.Add extra cheese on top of it if you like.Bake 25 to 30 mins or until edges are brown.(observe the oven as the temperature varies from oven to oven)or bake until top portion is firm.
- enjoy when they are completely cool.Don't try to remove when they are hot.
- Always remove puff pastry sheets just 30 mins before baking and make sure it is little cold to handle.
- cut the pinwheels little bigger slices,in that way your pinwheels won't be mushy.
- spray the baking sheet with oil before baking pinwheels
- Always wait until they are completely cool or elseif u pick when they are hot they willbe mushy to handle.
- After arranging on baking tray keep the tray for 5 mins in freezer(for crispy pinwheels)before putting into the oven.
- you can coat with egg whites entirely your choice( optional).
- you can reduce the quantity of marinara sauce to avoid leaking.
This pic was taken recently when I baked for my kids..
Check out for fellow bloggers in BM#43