Doodh peda or pala kova is traditionally prepared by boiling milk in low flame for hours.But,now no one is ready to sit in the kitchen for long hours.Today im posting a very easy recipe of kova which is prepared with milkpowder and kova in a microwave oven.I prepared this dish on Raksha bandan.My 5 yr old demanded me to prepare a yummy sweet for her brother.I'm posting this recipe in BM#43 under 'festival theme'..Here goes my easy recipe.
- Milk powder 2 cups
- condensed milk 14 oz(home made)
- Butter 1 stick( 1/2 cup)
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tspn(optional)
- Nuts of your choice ( amond,pistachios,crushed) 1 tspn
Condensed milk recipe:
milk 500ml ( 1/2 liter)
sugar 1 cup
Butter 1 tbspn
Take a deep pan,bring the milk and sugar to boil over medium to high flame.
Once the milk starts boiling reduce the flame to medium and let it boil 10 to 15 mins ,we can see a change in color.and keep stirring continously.It took me around 30 mins in medium flame to thicken the milk.(the bottom burns easily if we stop stirring)
When the milk starts thickening switch off the stove and add butter to it.Once cooled,Store in a glass jar.
- Take a big microwave safe bowl add butter and melt it in the microwave for 1 min.
- Now add milk powder,condensed milk.Mix it with spoon or spatula without any lumps.
- Microwave for 1 min.
- After 1 min take it out and mix it well.Microwave for 2 more mins,stirring in between.Totally microwave for 3 mins.
- Repeat the process for a total of 4 to 5 mins..( not more than that )We can see change in the color.
- Still if you don't see you may heat one more min( make sure it will not burn)
- Care fully watch for any spilling as when it starts heating it rises up,so better always take big deep microwave bowel.
- Allow it to cool for just 4 to 5 min or more longer mins.When it is still warm take a small amount in your hands press and make balls or any desired shape.Can also place nuts on the top