Jaggery is a natural and alternative for sugar.Sugar is manufactured by chemical process where as Jaggery is obtained from sugar juice.It is the safest and the purest form of sugar and the process of jaggery doesnt involve any chemicals.It contains natural goodness of vitamins and minerals.It is extremely beneficial for anemic people as it is rich in iron.Coconut also have numerious health benefits.Eating coconut is excellent for ones immunity.Here I am posting coconut jaggery laddu in BM#43 under Festival theme which is very easy and delicious recipe.I prepared this recipe on Janmastami day.Here goes my recipe.
- 1 cup grated coconut( fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup jaggery grated
- cardamom powder 1/4 tsp(optional)
- Ghee 1 tspn
- Take a heavy bottom pan, and add grated coconut and jaggery in medium heat.
- Mix it well until jaggery starts melting.Let the coconut cook well with jaggery.
- Stir the mixture continuously to avoid burn at the bottom.Once it starts thickning switch of the stove.(usually it takes 8 to 10 mins)Let it cool.
- Avoid over cooking the mixture as it leads to hard balls.
- When the mixture is still warm grease your palms with ghee and start making round balls called laddus or undalu.Yummy sweet is ready(mix cardmom powder while making laddus,I havent used it as i wanted to enjoy coconut jaggery flavor)
check out for fellow bloggers in BM#43