Radish is one of the nutritious root-vegetables featured in both salads as well as in main recipes. Because of their high vitamin c content and natural cleansing effets regular consumption of radishes can help prevent viral infections.With a high water content and lots of vitamin c as well as phosphrus and zinc,radishes are a nourishing food for the tissues and can help keep your body hydrated and your skin looking fresh all summer along.
The innumerable health benefits of fenugreek made it to be counted among the healthiest foods. Fenugreek or methi leaves are very rich in vitamins and minerals and they get easily absorbed by the body. Some major ingredients include calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and dietary fiber in its naturally occurring form as in other vegetables.Here goes my simple recipe radish and methi or fenugreek leaves fry..
- Radish( Muli or mullangi)1 count (big one)
- Methi leaves 1 bunch
- Red chillies 3 count
- garlic pods 3 count
- onion 1 count(small or medium)
- jeera 1/2 Tspn
- mustard 1/2 Tspn
- urad dal 1/2 Tspn
- turmeric 1/4 Tspn
- Wash ,chop methi leaves and keep aside.Cut Muli or radish into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan.When it is hot add jeera,mustard,urad dal.when mustard starts spluttering add onions ,red chillies,garlic.
- Fry well until onions turn golden brown.
- Now add chopped Muli pieces to the pan.Fry for 3 to 4 mins well.
- Then add chopped methi leaves to the pan.Add turmeric and salt.Cover few mins around 3 to 4 mins and remove the lid and fry until Muli and methi well cooked.You can have with rice and roti.