Bell pepper gives a very good taste when added to any recipe.Here i prepared bell pepper as main ingredient and mixed with sesame seeds and coconut.Addition of sesame seeds enhances the taste.
- Bell pepper 2
- one medium onion
- ginger garlic paste 1 tspn
- jeera 1/2 tspn
- chilli powder 1 tspn
- 2 tbspn of grated coconut( fresh or frozen)
- 2 tspns of sesame seeds
- 2 red chillies
- 2 tspns of coriander seeds
- Dry roast coriander seeds,grated coconut,dry redchillies and seesame seeds in a pan in a low flame until nice aroma. transfer them into another bowl and let it cool down for few mins.Grind them into fine paste
- Heat 2 tspn of oil and saute capsicum few mins until it is 80% done.Transfer capsicum into another plate.
- Heat oil in the same pan for the curry preparation,when it is hot add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter.Add finely chopped onions fry well until they are trasparent.
- Now add ginger garlic paste fry well until raw smell goes off.Add salt, turmeric powder,chilli powder.,mix and cook well
- Now add coconut sesame masala paste.Cook in a medium flame until all ingredients cook well.
- Its time to add 1 or 2 cups of water depends upon our preference for the gravy.Let it cook few mins.
- Add capsicum to the pan and cook few more mins until masala is well absorbed by the capsicum and the gravy becomes a bit thick.This takes around 5 to 8 mins.Serve hot with rice or roti
Check out for fellow bloggers who are doing Blogging Marathon#41