Vegetable cutlet is a snack item made with mixed vegetables.An excellent way to make kids eat the vegetables as snack.Vegetable cutlet is a very popular and simple snack item. It is very easy to make and can be had as an appetizer or light afternoon snack or evening snack with tea. It is great for small parties and get together . Now a days they are good vegetarian meal ,that are tasty and a good way to hide a lot of veggies inside one tasty patty. Today i am posting Vegetable cutlet for the Blogging Marathon#40 with the theme as evening snack.
- potatoes 2 medium size
- Beans,carrots,green peas,plantain( raw banana) -1 cup(vegetable of your choice)
- onion -half
- turmericpowder pinch
- chilli powder 1/2 tspn
- Garam masala 1-2 tspn
- Daniya powder 1 tspn
- salt needed
- maida1/2 cup
- bread crumbs just enough to coat the cutlet
- oil for shallow fry
- Chop onions,beans, carrots finely.
- cook potatoes,plantain in a pressure cooker for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Take out potatos,plantain and cook remaining vegetables for 1 whistle with just enough water.
- After the vegetables are cooked drain the water immediately.squeeze out the all the water with a muslin cloth. There should not be any moisture in the vegetables.
- Mash potatoes and rest all vegetables .
- Heat oil in a pan add jeera when it splutters,add finely chopped onions.when onions turn golden brown add mashed potato and veggie mix.
- Now add turmericpowder,chillipowder,daniyapowder,garam masala salt needed mix it well.Let it cool.
- Now divide the mixture equally,make small balls and then flatten it as shown in the pic.
- Mix maida with little bit of water to form a thick paste.
- Now dip the prepared cutlet into the maida mix,so that it is well coated.Now drop it gently into the bread crumbs and see that it is well coated with bread crumbs.
- Drizzle some oil in pan and shallow fry the cutlets until golden brown on both sides.Serve hot with toamto ketchup.
check out what my fellow Bloggers are doing in BM#40