Saturday, February 11, 2017

Naan khatai

Naan khatai is a wonderful and a authentic cookie with cardamom flavor and seasoned with nuts.Till now I baked many cookies but I don't know how I forgot to post this recipe in my blog.Coming to this recipe..This is me and my husband's favorite cookie and love munching each bite.Last weekend when my daughter demanded chocolate chip cookies then I thought why shouldn't i try Naan khatai for myself.I baked both one after the other .Both came out really nice and yummy.Naan khatai can also be prepared with gram flour or besan. But,I tasted only maida or allpurpose flour in Naan khatai.So I tried exactly the same as here..This week I signed Mini baked goodies under BM#73.Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 1cup and 2 tbspn of all purpose flour( 1 Cup+ 2 tbspn)
  • sooji or semolina 2 tbns
  • salt a pinch
  • baking soada 1/4 tspn
  • unsalted bitter 1 stick or 1/2 cup
  • powdered sugar 1/2 cup
  • cardamom powder 1/2 tspn
  • Finely chopped nuts 2 tbspns





Procedure:


  • Mix all dry ingredients all-purpose flour,sooji,salt, baking soda in a bowl.
  • In another bowl cream butter and sugar mix it well.
  • using a hand mixture whisk until smooth.Then add cardamom powder mix it well.
  • slowly add dry mixture to the creamy mixture and mix well,make a dough using hand.
  • preheat oven to 350F.
  • Take small amount of dough,just press light between your palm and arrange it on a baking tray.
  • sprinkle some-chopped pistachio on top,and bake around 15 to18 mins or until thebottom is little golden color.
  • when completely cools down enjoy yummy cookies.Later store remaining in a air tight container.


Check out fellow bloggers in BM#73


Sending this to srivalli's kids delight mini baked goodies hosted by Gayatri


9 comments:

  1. Super like, my all time favourite.. Nankhattais rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made with besan but need to try this version with maida. These cookies look so pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try these soon. Never made it home. Baked version sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these melt in your mouth cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these. They are definitely melt in the mouth kind of cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies have turned out so good..

    ReplyDelete