Laddoo is a pretty famous sweet all over India.Here the recipe called Boondi laddoo is made out of Boondi.It is served in all occasions including festivals and marriages.There are two different kids of laddoos the one which is soft and the other one which is little hard.Mine is the second one.I grew up eating these laddoos in my childhood on every occasion..Preparing these laddoos is quiet easy but the only difficulty is to shape it into balls when the boondi mixture is little hot.Finally I tried first time at home..Cant believe that, they are very tasty.Posting THIS RECIPE IN BM#73 UNDER THE THEME "FLAVORS OF INDIA."
- chickpea flour(sanaaga pindi) 2 1/2 cups( 1 cup is 250 ml )
- sugar 2 cups
- water 1 cup for sugar syrup
- cardamom powder 1/4 tspn
- Ghee 2 tbpsns
- oil for deep fry
- Take a bowl,add chickpea flour and mix it nicely like thick batter by adding water( I use 1 cup of water if you feel the batter is thick can add little more water, should be like dropping consistency)
- Heat oil in kadai,when it is hot,slowly drop the batter on top of siever as shown in the pic.
- Fry a min and takeout on a paper towel.
- In another bowl,boil sugar and water until thick consistency( more than one string consistency,around 10 to 15 mins)
- Mix,ghee,cardamom powder,fried Boondi in the sugar solution.
- switch of the stove and mix it well until the sugar syrup coats well with boondi.
- Remove from the stove and let it is little hot to handle with hand,start taking little amount in your palm and shape it as laddu( shown in pic)
- keep continuing the same procedure for the rest of the laddus.
CHECK OUT FOR FELLOW BLOGGERS IN BM#73