Sweet corn is a variety of maize with high sugar content.Sweet corn is a special maize variety genetically differ from field maize.It's kernels are tender,delicious and eaten as vegetable in many cuisines world wide.This soup is in my list for so long.When I signed for soups and salads, this soup is my first preference in list.My daughter loves corn,so she loved and enjoyed the soup.Adapted this soup from Sanjeev kapoor's kitchen.Today I'm posting vegetable sweet corn soup in BM#65 under the theme soups and salads.Here is my recipe.
- Sweet corn kernals 1/2 cup
- vegetables chopped( carrot,beans,,cabbage)1 cup
- oil 1 tbspn
- sweet Corn kernals blended 1 cup( blend into creamy kind of paste)
- vegetable stock 2 cups
- crushed pepper 1/2 tspn
- salt to taste
- spring onions few for garnishing
- corn starch or corn flour 2 tbspns
- water 1 cup
- Heat oil in a pan,add chopped vegetables and saute few mins on high heat.
- Now add blended sweet corn kernels,then add vegetable stock and water.
- Add pepper powder and salt to the pan and mix it well.Allow it to boil for 15 mins.
- Now add sweet corn kernels and wait until it boil few more mins.Add corn flour mixed with 2 tbspns of water.cook till the soups just thickens.Garnish with spring onions,Serve hot and enjoy.